BRANDING FOR YOUR BUSINESS
A Mission Statement is the concise explanation of why the company exists. Start long, but aim for a short, concise statement that clearly tells what your company is about. This can range from something literal like “coach people in athletic training” or more lofty like “inspire people to be their best selves through fitness."
SUPER MISSION STATEMENTS:
• WARBY PARKER: To offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price, while leading the way for socially conscious businesses.
• NORDSTROM: To give customers the most compelling shopping experience possible.
• TESLA: To accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
A Vision Statement describes the desired future position of the company. It should guide the actions of everyone in company and should be built on purpose, goals, and values. It can sound similar to your mission statement.
SUPER VISION STATEMENTS:
• AMAZON: Our vision is to be earth’s most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
• GOOGLE: To organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
Start by listing out values of the best workplaces you have ever been in and the worst. Decide which are most pertinent to your brand.
A Positioning Statement can follow this simple format:
For [insert Target Market], the [insert Brand] is the [insert Point of Differentiation] among all [insert Frame of Reference] because [insert Reason to Believe].
SUPER POSITIONING STATEMENT:
• AMAZON: "For World Wide Web users who enjoy books, Amazon.com is a retail bookseller that provides instant access to over 1.1 million books. Unlike traditional book retailers, Amazon.com provides a combination of extraordinary convenience, low prices, and comprehensive selection."
NAMING YOUR BRAND:
No name yet? We really dig this worksheet from Fuze Branding to get name ideas. Fill it out and let us know what you come up with.
Still need help? Let us know your top three, and we'll narrow it down together.